New Mexico’s artistic past, present and future converge during 2017 as the New Mexico Museum of Art celebrates its 100-year anniversary.
Points of interest during the party include:
- Meet costumed interpreters dressed as artists from the past who will be roaming the galleries and talking about artwork on view. Characters will include artists Georgia O’Keeffe, Laura Gilpin, Will Shuster, Robert Henri, John Sloan and a few surprise guests.
- Dress up and pose for a photograph in a photo booth throughout the day & those that come in 1917-1920s costumes and win a prize.
- Visitors can participate in art making activities & engaging gallery activities beginning at 10 a.m. ending at 4 p.m. There will be live local music all day long including the Shiners Club Band and Mariachi Sonidos del Monte.
- Theatrical performances by the students from our partner, the New Mexico School of the Arts, will happen throughout the day on the stage of the historic St. Francis Auditorium.
- Conversations with Curators: Hear about works of art, recent acquisitions and new installations on tours with Museum curators.
- On the streets around the Museum, check out the Wonders on Wheels mobile museum, vintage cars, lowriders and more.