MIAC Collectors' Sale Artwork Drop-Off Day
The Museum of Indian Arts and Culture is excited to announce the return of the Collectors' Sale, October 20-22, 2023. This sale traditionally has been an important fundraiser for the museum as well as a wonderful way to celebrate the collecting prowess of local donors and the community at large. The Collectors' Sale is a three-day event including a live auction, fixed-price sale, lectures from experts and demonstrations by artists. The Collectors' Sale will take place at the Museum of Indian Arts and Culture (MIAC) in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
MIAC is asking for donations and consignments of Native artwork for this special fundraising event. Proceeds from the sale of the artwork will be donated to the Museum of Indian Arts and Culture to support their ongoing outreach efforts with tribal communities across the Southwest.
Information for Sellers
- All items donated or consigned must be authentic Native American made.
- Items valued under $500 will be 100% donations. If the item sells, donors will receive a tax-deductible in-kind donation letter in exchange for their contribution to the museum.
- Items valued at $500 or higher will be offered a consignment option, with percentages determined by the item's value.
- To donate or sell your pieces, please bring your item(s) to a drop-off day at the museum, or contact the event manager, Josh Rose, directly at email@example.com.
- Prices will be assigned based on fair market values. This is to ensure that sellers are not under-paid and buyers do not over-pay.
- Our event team will let you know the price assigned to your piece within 5-7 days of dropping the item off.
- All unsold pieces will be returned to the seller after October 22.
- Appraisals are not needed, but are encouraged.
2023 Collectors' Sale Schedule of Events
Wednesday, October 4
Artwork Drop-Off Day: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the MIAC Lobby
Friday, October 20
Live Auction Event: 5 to 8 p.m. on Milner Plaza. Tickets will be released soon.
Saturday October 21 - Sunday, October 22
Fixed-price sale: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Milner Plaza