Activities for All in the Fall
The Fall in Santa Fe is a great time to explore local activities, visit museums and enjoy the great outdoors. Here are some wonderful spaces and events to check out:
• Stop by one of the museum shops for unique souvenirs and gifts
• Wednesday October 19th, Let’s Take a Look at the Museum of Indian Arts and Culture: bring a weaving, ceramic, piece of jewelry (or something else) to our in-person meeting, and curator of ethnology Tony Chavarria (Santa Clara Pueblo) and MIAC assistant curator, Lillia McEnaney.
• Friday October 21st at the New Mexico Museum of Art, acclaimed organist Damin Spritzer will perform a concert on the Frederick R. Haas Pipe Organ in the St. Francis Auditorium
• Visit Museum Hill, home of the, the Museum of International Folk Art, Museum of Indian Arts and Culture, Museum Hill Cafe, Santa Fe Botanical Garden, the Wheelright Museum of Indian Art and the Museum of Spanish Colonial Art
• Sunday October 23rd the Public Opening of Righting a Wrong: Japanese Americans and World War II at the New Mexico History Museum
• Saturday October 29th at the New Mexico Historic Sites, bring the whole family to learn about the Bats of the Chihuahuan Desert
• Sunday October 30th at the Museum of International Folk Art come experience the Day of the Dead/Dia de Los Muertos Community Celebration
• Visit Opuntia Cafe or Museum Hill Cafe for a cup of tea, warm coffee and scrumptious food to enjoy (MNMF Members receive 10% at both restaurants)
• Go to the famous Santa Fe Farmers Market for get local produce and bask in the smell of roasting green chiles
• While you are over in the Railyard area, stop by the site of the Vladem Contemporary Museum to see it’s progress (to be opened in 2023)
• Enjoy a local cocktail or mock tail at Altar Spirits to finish off your perfect fall Santa Fe experience
The event listings and image are from the Museum of New Mexico Foundation’s Website.