New Mexico Outdoor Pass: Fish at Los Luceros Historic Site
Join us for a New Mexico Outdoor Pass (NMOP) special event: Fish. During this fish-themed day at Los Luceros Historic Site you’ll enjoy a tour of their grounds, make arts and crafts, and you’ll have an opportunity to join New Mexico Department of Game and Fish for a beginner-friendly fishing event (11-2:30 only for NMDGF portion of the event). Fishing poles and bait will be provided.
Learn to cast a line and catch and release your fish. You will also learn how to identify local fish. This may be a perfect Sunday activity for your family!
Schedule of Events:
- 6:30 a.m. Los Luceros Opens, Crafts available all-day
- 7 a.m. to 1:20p.m. Bird Walk with expert Birder Bob Walker (Advanced registration required, sign up through PEEC Website: https://peecnature.org/events/details/?id=38929)
- 10 a.m. Free Vinyasa Flow Yoga Class with Christa Tyson in the Community Room
- 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. All ages Fishing Workshop- Check in at Visitor Center, walk down to the River for the workshop. Bring the whole family.
- 2:45 to 3:45 p.m. Ranger Guided Tour of Historic District
- 7:30 p.m. Los Luceros Historic Site Closes
Created by Pajarito Environmental Education Center and Los Luceros Historic Site, the NMOP program features a free booklet and community events for families where everyone gets rewarded for spending time outside. Participate in this activity and get a stamp for your NMOP booklet. Fill your book with stamps and you’ll be rewarded with prizes. Don’t have a booklet? You can pick one up at the Los Alamos Nature Center or Los Luceros.
Special thanks to our sponsors for making this program possible: Clif Family Foundation, N3B, and the Outdoor Equity Fund.
This article and image are from the Museum of New Mexico Foundation’s Event Listings.